Isham Cricket Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Banter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS

Go down 
+4
ELMO
Zirconium
Shorty
Long Hop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2006-08-21

NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS Empty
PostSubject: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Lots of players have approached me saying that Thursday evenings is not ideal for nets, plus we have to net in the 'old' nets every other week due to U17 fixtures. Therefore were now moving nets to FRIDAY EVENINGS so we can all go and have a practice and then head off to The Queens for a few drinks. Can everyone spread the word amongst the players. Courty.
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:30 pm

OK Boss!

Courty, nets are on Friday!
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyMon May 19, 2008 6:09 pm

why the queens whats wrong with lining isham beer profits instead of the village pubs?????

first its selections down the queens ...now its train then go to the queens..when will they be laying a wicket for you and your "chums" to play all the home matches there MR COURT!!!!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
ELMO

ELMO

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2006-09-12

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyMon May 19, 2008 6:42 pm

If the Queens not used during the summer it may be shut down for good by the winter, so Mr. Court won't have a pub in his village.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:58 am

Most of us (those who are allowed out eh Zirconium) go to the Queens arms on a Friday evening anyway. Its a pub, thats where people drink.

Most of us (those who are allowed out eh Zirconium) spend Saturday evenings putting plenty of our money lining Isham beer profits until the early hours unlike those who have one shandy and a fag and bugger off home......

Don't really think the clubhouse has that much appeal 2 evenings in a row for most of us. Plus, gaining a rapour with the locals down the pub attracts them to watch on a Sat afternoon. Last Friday I was approached by 3 locals who I didn't really know asking how we got on and mentioning they had been down to the ground the previous Sat for a few pints and watched some cricket.

Therefore it make complete sense to support the local pub who will in return support the club. Remember Friday evenings in the winter? (Can't remember if you were allowed out then or not?) Razz
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Quote"Most of us (those who are allowed out eh Zirconium) go to the Queens arms on a Friday evening anyway. Its a pub, thats where people drink. "
So thats u and two others then courty!

Quote"Most of us (those who are allowed out eh Zirconium) spend Saturday evenings putting plenty of our money lining Isham beer profits until the early hours unlike those who have one shandy and a fag and bugger off home......"

Hmmm cant get to the bar at times what with you and all your mates hogging it..o hang on you normally go home for a kip for 2 hrs then come back about 10.00 for a diet coke and a pkt of pringles!

Being approached by people u dont know eh...must think your a shady character ...must of been all those times you were on bar duty during the winter/functions/summer.............NOT!!!

COME ON ELMO YOUR TURN....we know who u are...... cat
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Like you know what goes on at the club after 10pm on a Sat night Hobbsy. Your tucked up in bed by then.......

I did the bar plenty of times on a Friday night during the winter. And if you want to get into a debate over who spent the most time doing things at the club during the closed season mate your onto a looser...........

See you at nets on Friday. (thats if your not too scared to face adults bowling at you???) affraid
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:34 pm

sorry did u say i was on to a "looser" what is a looser anyway?... Laughing and early mornings due tend to make you feel weary later on but i suppose finishing at 2 has its advantages..enjoy the rest of your day at work while i watch some sport on sky!!
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Quote "If the Queens not used during the summer it may be shut down for good by the winter, so Mr. Court won't have a pub in his village."

dont u mean YOUR village mr.elmo....you have always got the option to nip into the lilacs or pop over to the monk..hmmmm? study
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm

Sorry for hitting the 'o' key twice - are you Bolar in disguise?!!!!

By the way, Josh recons your too scared to face him in the nets...?? Any truth in the rumour??? pale
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:41 pm

i like my head the way it is thanks...... alien

need another subject to taunt now as your far to easy to wind up! change the bait on my fishing line i think.....stay tuned! Sleep
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Its probably a good idea to go to the Queens this friday as i have a 21st party on and im sure you wont want to be around for that . lol!

What chance has Josh got of hitting Zirconium in the nets ??? He cant even hit 3 bits of wood on a saturday so i think Hobbsy is safe. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo

Jimbo

Number of posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I can't do nets on a Friday. This is because I'm fat and lazy.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Thats fine Jimbo. Just make sure you have pints lined up for us at The Queens when we arrive...!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Will turn up this week, was fighting network problems at work!

(yeah yeah that old chestnut!)
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:11 am

Big effort this week. not from just the 1st team. Need 2nd teamers pushing for places.
Back to top Go down
henri lloyd

henri lloyd

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:29 am

migtht be able to make it because land at 6 in the morning to depends how i feel wat time is it again
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Nets start from 6pm mate. try and make it if you can.

How's Cyprus going? All your missing here is planty of rain!!
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS EmptyWed May 28, 2008 8:50 pm

We are all well aware that Mr Short has problems networking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS   NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS Empty

Back to top Go down

NETS NOW FRIDAY NIGHTS
Page 1 of 1