Isham Cricket Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Banter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!

Go down 
+3
Shorty
Alberto V05
Long Hop
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Basically this is a call to all the players to have a look at the league tables and ask themselves what they want for next season?

Both the 1st & 2nd XI are in with realistic chances of promotion. cheers

This is only going to ever happen if all the players pull together.

Availability is always a problem with us but we've only got 7 more games to go and need to put out the strongest teams we can. We can only do this if people make themselves available to play.

If the whole club works together now it will make a real differance regarding where we finish in both divisions.
Back to top Go down
Alberto V05

Alberto V05

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:24 pm

What do I want for next season????

1. To play in Division 5.

2. To pull the sunday team out the league so I never have to play for them again.

I'm sure this post is aimed at me so i might aswell respond.

I don't want to play division 1 cricket so why would i want to play prem standard if you get promoted?

I play for enjoyment, cricket is my 3rd sport below football and table tennis. I just want to play for the team that i contribute more to. All you're going to do is force me out of the club in the end...
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:04 pm

To be fair Albert I don't think Courty is aiming it at anyone in particular. Although I do agree that people do need to look inside themselves and state to the skippers what they actually want to get out of their Saturdays and Sundays.

I have views on all 4 teams but having a responsibility toward the club it would be wrong for me to air my views on a public forum. But I'm always up for a pint and chewing the fat with anyone connected with the club.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 pm

Blimey Albert!!!

Why do you think that was aimed at you???

I was just trying to get the players a bit motivated for the end of season push as both sides are trying for promotion.

If you want to play 2nd team cricket thats fine mate, saying you want to play in Div 5 is great because it means you want the 2's promoted - which is exactly what me and Pete are looking for from the players.....

It wasn't aimed at having a go at anyone? Not sure how you made that assumption? No one is trying to push you out of the club mate.....

The availabilty part wasn't aimed at you saying you should be available for the 1st team it was aimed at everyone as the more people available the stronger the sides we can put out. If a player (as many 2nd teamers do) states they don't want to play 1st team cricket due to age/confidence/enjoyment thats fine, their availability will strenthen the 2's tho rather than them not playing at all.....

Oh and I don't think pulling the Sunday side out of the league just for your benefit is going to happen? If you don't want to play Sunday's thats your decision which is fine - others may want to play tho so think it would be a bit harsh on them to scrap Sunday cricket just cos you've had enough...?!!
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Quote :
Basically this is a call to all the players to have a look at the league tables and ask themselves what they want for next season?

So using you as an example Albert.....

You want Div 5 cricket, thus you want the 2's to get promoted.

-This is more likely to happen if you play/make yourself available for them every week.

As you want to be promoted, you want to make a good contribution.

-This is more likely to happen if you come to nets every week from now until the end of the season.

So what I was actually trying to do was get the players, 1st and 2nd team to hopefully decide they want Prem/Div 5 cricket next year and also decide they are going to do their best to make themselves available and to go netting once a week so they give themselves the best chance of doing well on the following Saturday.....

I'm not having a dig at anyone. Just want people to realise that promotion for either side won't happen without a little bit of extra effort from the players in both sides...........
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:31 am

Can i just have a little moan while you re asking players to pull together.
I also exclude Hobbsy from this when he plays at Isham .

Can the respective captains ensure that after teas and after games the club is in a pretty tidy state and doors locked after.
I appreciate its not ideal that after the game you re forced to the local pub for a beer but when we can make a few grand on a weekend im sure you ll all agree its a small price to pay when we have a function on.
Saturday everyone just rushed off up to the Queens leavin changing room doors unlocked . After tea also it was left for Whammo and myself to clean up mess from teas while Jolene sorted the washing up out.
Just needs the captains to ask a couple of players to help out especially if you re batting 2nd and then we can get things done pretty quick.
Thanks to Longy also for going Tesco for me.

Sorry but its annoying when you re already to go home at 2 am ish and you find changing rooms still unlocked.
Back to top Go down
henri lloyd

henri lloyd

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm

i agree with courty but when u have other things on, on a friday how can u make nets, u can't just be expected to turn up and also i things skippers shud give people incurredgement rather than shouting or havin a go at somone. it just makes the player feel worse and then they can't be bothered at all.

and yh albert sunday cricket is sh**
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 pm

u mentioned "skippers" any in particular Question
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm

No one expects anyone to turn up to nets on a Friday but if you and the other players do want both/either side promoted, maybe making a sacrifice on a Friday night for an hour and a half is what you'll have to do for the next few weeks - its not a massive ask, other clubs seem to get that commitment from players?

Both teams have done exceptionally well this year, just seems a shame that we don't all do our best to try and finish the season in style with a promotion or two!

Its entireley up to the players, no one can force people but as skipper one of my tasks is to try and win games/divisions so I don't think its out of order for me to try and get a bit of extra effort from players when the sides are in their current league posistions. (seems rediculous that I'm asking for extra effort from players which entails turning up for a net once a week. In most other clubs thats just a regular thing and no effort at all??)

Its up to the players whether they respond or not..........

In regards to your comment about encouragement - I did write an answer as I guess your talking about the Weekley game, but I've edited it out as I don't think a public forum is the place for us to discuss things. I'm happy to talk to you any time about it.

All I'll say is that no other player has complained that I don't encourage them during matches.
Back to top Go down
henri lloyd

henri lloyd

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:47 am

i think your exsactly right in all catagories but all i am sayin is if u incurredge rather than have a go at players. might make them perfrom better and boost confidence and also play well
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 am

Perky, can you put a post on the forum every hour please . I just love looking at that picture.
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 am

See Courty , Hobbsy ENCOURAGED Perky and he scored a massive 90 odd runs for him . lol!

Top effort Chris.
Back to top Go down
Percy

Percy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm

I want Isham to go up
Back to top Go down
henri lloyd

henri lloyd

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 pm

dont we all m8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!   Big Effort needed by all players........!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Effort needed by all players........!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Isham Cricket Club Forum :: Latest News From the Club-
Jump to: