Isham Cricket Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Banter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EDF Cup Final Day Out

Go down 
+2
Billyboy
Long Hop
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2006-08-21

EDF Cup Final Day Out Empty
PostSubject: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 pm

A few of us have been discussing a day/night out before the start of the season.

Sat 12th April is the EDF Cup Final at Twickenham.

Saints are in the semi-finals against Plymouth who they should hopefully beat. Were thinking of organising a trip down to London for the day to watch the Final and then do a tour of the pubs..... drunken

Cup Final Tickets are available at £30
Return Train is available at £19.50 leave at 8am - last train home.

So just under £50 for the day. (if we get more than 10 people we get a discount on Final Tickets, not sure how much yet)

Could maybe stay over for the night if enough people want to??

Need to know numbers who are interested asap as cheap train tickets will sell out as will the rugby tickets.
Back to top Go down
Billyboy

Billyboy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:48 pm

seems a very sensible idea. it is important for northampton fans to have the opportunity to watch some Premiership(or Magners League) rugby.

How is divison 1 treating you at those lovely away days- London Welsh, Esher, Moseley....

Before u comment, no Bath will not be playing in this final. It's the Carling Cup of Rugby....unless u are not a prem side

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:21 pm

Kettering will be winning the league title away at Southport that day... Should we champions before then, then that's a top idea.

Especially as I can get to London and back on the train for just a fiver!
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2006-09-05

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Oi Bilson. What have Saints and Liverpool got in common ? Both been Champions of Europe this Millenium. Can Bath or any of the myriad of football teams u support say that ? Stop being a Paul Eaton or I will say that God doesn't exist
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Columbo wrote:
Oi Bilson. What have Saints and Liverpool got in common ? Both been Champions of Europe this Millenium. Can Bath or any of the myriad of football teams u support say that ? Stop being a Paul Eaton or I will say that God doesn't exist

lol! harsh but it made me chuckle!
Back to top Go down
Billyboy

Billyboy

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:29 pm

lol!

althought another thing saints and liverpool have in common- they both chuck ridiculous sums of money at players who are not of sufficient quality for their overstated ambitions and thus underachieve(or find their natural level).

The names of spencer, kuyt, benayoun....spring to mind.

also at least both my teams have a chance of winning the league and european trophies this season.
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Benayoun cost £6m pounds ! The renovations to your dads new drawing room cost less than that
Back to top Go down
Billyboy

Billyboy

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm

6m he may have cost...but he's still not title winning standard(or if he is, it says somehting about the premier league)

other great names such as Cisse(14m!!- tho i realise Houllier signed him and left before he arrived)
Morientes(6.3m)
Josemi(only 2m but shocking player)

i realise this is on the wrong website section, should be on football news.

also

Quote :
Stop being a Paul Eaton or I will say that God doesn't exist

in what way am i being paul eaton??
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 11:05 am

Bit harsh young Bilson adding Morientes to your short list.

His record in Spain and in France was excellent before Rafa signed him.
How was Rafa to know he would struggle in England ???

I can totally agree with your shout of Dirk Shite , sorry Kuyt.
However Benayoun ??? 6m in todays football is nt that bad for a player who has the potential to come off the bench and actually make something happen.
Back to top Go down
Billyboy

Billyboy

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:57 pm

on reflection chooker you may be right. for 6m(in todays game not a huge amount) benayoun may not be throwing money away. wat i meant to say was that he isn't a key player. but maybe i was a little harsh in calling him a waste of money.

glad you agree about dirk. didn't he cost about 10m. how?? according to wikipedia, kuyt is a striker known for his workrate. just as well, if he was known for his ability we wouldn't have heard of him.

my only comment about liverpool is, take out gerrard and torres and they look very average, not better than your Villa's, Toffees and Spurs. I realise u could say the same about rooney and ronaldo, fabregas and hleb(or adebayor) or drogba and lampard, but it seems liverpools squad is especially short of top quality players to challenge for prem. although torres does look supreme.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey, I've got Benayoun in my 'Dream Team' and he's scored 2 hatricks this season, bet not many players can say that eh? bounce
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 pm

And by the way, hate to stop young Bilson's analysis of the Liverpool squad but is anyone interested in going to see the RUGBY? If not, any suggestions for a day/night out??? Keep yer football rants in the other section Bilson!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm up for the Cup.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Anyone else up for the rugby and a night out?

Have found Family room at Travel lodge in City Road (central london) for £82 - £20 each which is great for London. Ideally we need 8 people to get 2 rooms. After a days session and a night on the tiles all we need is a place to put our heads down....

So far

Courty
George
Bolar
Chris Harrison
Riedy
Shaun

Found Party Pack (ticket plus food/beer voucher) for £27.40 each so hotel plus rugby will be £50 roughly which is pretty good for a day out in London. Need to book train fares which will be about £20 if we book asap. Obviously the longer we wait the more pricey it gets........

Jim will be down there with work. Anyone else? Need to know asap.......
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 4:46 pm

It might be a better idea if Jolene did us all a packed lunch.
Back to top Go down
Percy

Percy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Is this humans only ?
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm

Sorry Percy, no dogs, you know you'd only run on the pitch and cause chaos.......... Remeber when I took you to see the Nomads play..?!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Tickets are booked:

Following people are going to Twickenham:

COURTY
REIDY
BOLAR
GEORGE
WILL
CHRIS HARRISON
SHAUN WILLS
WHAMMO

Anyone else wants to go will have to sort out their own tickets as everyone has had plenty of notice........

Really could do with ticket money asap lads.......

So who is up for staying down the night? At the moment I'm assuming all of us are? Gonna need confirmation asap so I can try and book a hotel at a decent rate. Will find out train cost also. Need that money asap when I let you all know as I'm running low on cash.......
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Northampton - London ticket prices are generally much lower, and the services are more frequent. Looking at the number of people going the potential saving could be much greater than the £5 it would cost to leave one car in the car park. Might be worth looking into ?
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:15 pm

I just worry a bit that all the cricket club haven't been made aware of the opportunity to go to Twickenham, so in the spirit of all those council leaflets in Bengali, I would like to offer this as a public service.

LO perkins. d cricket club iz plnin a trip 2 d rugby @ twickenham on d 12th april. f U wnt 2 go lt courty knO az s%n az posebL, preferably n eng
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Return from KETTERING is £32

which also includes 1st Class travel on the way down (same price as standard at the moment)

Prob a few quid cheaper for those getting on at Wellingborough.

Return from Northampton is £25

I'd personally rather go from Kettering as I would like a first class seat on the way down (prob get a cup of tea or something?), I can imaging the Northampton trains will be packed with Saints supporters and we'll have to stand for an hour....?

What is the general opinion?
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:16 pm

It'd better be PG Tips for £7 ! Any idea what whammo is doing ? Northampton might be easier for him. Price from Wellingborough also £33. Can Shorty get us a quote on a taxi ?

Last edited by Columbo on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:18 pm

To be honest if its easier for you and Whammo to go from Northampton then its not really a problem, we can meet up when we get down in London.....
Back to top Go down
Percy

Percy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Courty wrote:
To be honest if its easier for you and Whammo to go from Northampton then its not really a problem, we can meet up when we get down in London.....

I believe people in London stopped "getting down" in the mid 1980s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDF Cup Final Day Out   EDF Cup Final Day Out Empty

Back to top Go down

EDF Cup Final Day Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Isham Cricket Club Forum :: Latest News From the Club-
Jump to: