Isham Cricket Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Banter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Isham Kit

Go down 
+2
Columbo
Zirconium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zirconium

Zirconium

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Courty,
i believe your in charge of the new look training bottoms that have just arrived on the scene? both myself and shorty ( might have to paint his in weekly @ warkton colours Laughing ) would like to purchase a pair.Do you require sizes accuratly or is it S M or L the format.
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2006-09-05

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:31 pm

I know people will take this as me taking the piss (which it is slightly ), but I also mean it seriously. At what level does it become ridiculous to turn up in monogrammed tracksuits ? My own personal view is "any level below international cricket" (do the county have them ?). Put yourself in the oppositions shoes: the Zingers turn up at Pytchley and out they all step in shirts sponsored by Marstons and tracksuits with their initials on. Do you think they will say "oh my god lads these guys must all be former pros", or do you think they will laugh at you until their appendices burst, then resolve to give you a good hiding to put you in your place ?
Back to top Go down
Shorty

Shorty

Number of posts : 489

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 5:08 pm

The County do have them as do some of the Northants Premier teams. I think it looks cool and who gives a f**k what Pytchley or anyone else thinks. As long as the guys (and girls) wearing the kit like it a feel a little bit more pride in the team they play for, then that's job done in my eyes.

Now when club supporters start turning up in replica shirts with their favourite player's name on the back of the shirt, that be slightly worrying!
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 pm

So you are saying that you have to be pretentious to be proud ? Hardy et al managed to take Isham where they are now without so much as a badge on their shirt. Wasn't he proud ? Mark my words: anybody outside the first team who walks around in monogrammed tracksuits will make themselves an absolute laughing stock
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Is that because your initials could be mistaken for

Mightly Blithe
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Better that than J Sainsbury
Back to top Go down
pie chooker

pie chooker

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Id love to see the look on Southwicks faces when Derv and Shorty turn up in full club colours and all initialled up. lol!

I have to admit i did laugh at first when Courty told me , however after he explained his reasons for this (initials) it made complete sense.

So Shorty, you wear it with PRIDE mate and stuff what the Isham reject says.
You could have a P on one leg and the S on the other just to remind you , the only thing the I does in the middle. lol!
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm

There is rumour going around that you are going to have your names put on the sides of your cars too, so you can pretend to be county cricketers. Also, all that cash that was shelled out last year to keep you in Division 1 is this year going to be used to hire local school children to ask you for your autographs as you walk of the pitch. Is this true ?
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Number of posts : 360

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 4:06 pm

Columbo - why worry about something your never going to need or own?

So explain the Burton shirt you wear so proudly that looks like someone's puked up on it and has 'Red's Army' or something equally as bad printed on it....... Now that is an embarassment.........

Having you initials on your kit simply makes it easier to know what kit is yours when it all gets mixed up in the changing room and gives it an individuality which is neither embarassing or pretentious......

Living your cricketing prowess off a side you neither play for or even play at the same ground as, is embarassing...... You can use either Isham or Burton 1st XI as examples.......

I'm sure you'll be a novelty in Div 10 turning out in whites as I guess most of the blokes turn out in jeans, trainers and whatever t-shirt they could find....... pale
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Quote :
Living your cricketing prowess off a side you neither play for or even play at the same ground as, is embarassing...... You can use either Isham or Burton 1st XI as examples.......

Relating that to the points I made, one can only deduce by logic that this implies that you consider Hobbsy and Shorty Razz to be predominantly first team cricketers. Did you make that clear when you stood for election ?

As I stated in my first post, I am not taking the piss, nor am I making any comments about the First team (although it is not something I would like to see our first team doing), I simply think that guys turning up to play cricket in Division 6, or on park pitches for the Zingari, will make themselves look rather silly turning up in sponsored and monogrammed kit. Since you make not attempt to disagree with this point I can only surmise that you agree Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 1:19 am

Where have I ever stated that Hobbsy and Shorty ever lived their cricketing career thru another side, unlike yourself. Why does it make any difference to what league they play in as to whether they can wear a club tracksuit. Hobbsy & Shorty will quite happily and proudly tell you what side they play for first rather than stating that their 1st XI play in the Prem, even tho you have no chance of ever making an appearance. Do you think Jack Chopping will go round next year telling everyone that he plays for a County Championship 1st Class Club - no, he'd just look as stupid as you do everytime you associate yourself with 'The Prem' or your 1st team........

Should we also ban 2nd XI player from wearing a sponsored shirt because you consider they are not good enough....? Perhaps we should make them play on an inferior ground covered in holes and cow shit - ooops, isn't that what Burton make you do for home matches....? At least you can go back for a drink in the wonderful 1st & 2nd team pavilion eh?

I can only deduct from your logic that as you will be playing in DIV 10 next season you will be turning up with a bat purchased from argos and a pair of pads borrowed from the team kit bag....... Imagine a bloke playing in DIV 10 coming out to bat with a piece of willow that cost his DAD in excess of £100 from Packy's shop- now that person would look silly eh......? Embarassed

Anyway, you've still avoided comment on your 'Reds Army' shirt that looks embarassing on every player from 1st to 4th XI.............
Back to top Go down
Zirconium

Zirconium

Number of posts : 217

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 1:01 am

just to throw my bit into the fray!

i will be using my tracksuit bottoms for training nights with the youth as it will not only save me using my personnel ones, but will also ( i think) give a more professional approach and feel to our coaching sessions.

Also i think the point you need to focus on is the word "training" study
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

The fact that i have gone from Isham's first team to Burton's thirds (although I didn't finish there, but I will refrain from digressing since courty has trouble following more than one line of argument) can only be an indictment of Isham, either that or Burton & Isham are roughly of the same standard, and I suffered a rapid decline in my cricketing ability over an 18 month period. Which version do you subscribe to ?

The reason I can bask in the brilliance of my first team is that we are a club, not 7 individual teams. Apart from match days there is no deliniation between the wonderful and the workaday. Good luck taking players on Friday off Pete: you won't even know who half of them are. Perhaps that's why Isham need initials on their kit ? Its saves the captain having to intoduce his players to each other at 1.30 on a Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Stop trying to kid yourself that you were a regular first team player at Isham. You weren't. You filled in when the first team were short - fact. You would probably just about get into our 2's this season at a push but on a good week availability wise you would be playing for the Zingers. I'm sure Pete will back up that.......

So what deliniation is there between teams at Isham? I guarantee I know every 2nd XI player and the spirit between players is at an all time high, certainly in the 6 years since I joined the club. We have a far better social scene than Burton; after games and during the seasonal events. Why do you end up back at Isham every Sat during the summer if its such a good craick at Burton?

I don't see any Isham players moaning about the atmosphere at the club, in fact I guess most players are enjoying it as much as they ever have at the moment due to the way the club is shaping up. The club is financially sound, the ground is one of the best in the county in any division, the social side is great and the cricket is improving rapidly (2 promotions last season).

You know as well as everyone else that you joined Burton as a protest because you didn't get the captaincy. You may hold out another season at Burton due to your self pride but we all know you'll be back, most likely next season. My advice is don't make too many enemies before you return..........
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Somebody appears to have rattled this Columbo chaps cage.
Why has he played for so many different clubs in so many seasons, is he not good enough on the field to perform?
Next thing you know he will be joining Little Harrowden as he has not played for them yet.
Isn't a logical explanation for initials on track suits being that they can be easily identified in the changing room as they all look alike??
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Quote :
You filled in when the first team were short - fact
true, but the fact that I played every game but one in your last season as captain should tell

you something

Quote :
You would probably just about get into our 2's this season at a push but on a good

week availability wise you would be playing for the Zingers
Absolute bollocks, and you know it. Even if Isham ever had a good week availibilty wise, and

you don't, I'd walk in. Stats don't lie

Quote :
spirit between players is at an all time high, certainly in the 6 years since I joined the

club
That is a relative statement

Quote :
We have a far better social scene than Burton
Just complete and utter bollocks. You Hardy and Jim having a beer together is not a social

scene.

Quote :
Why do you end up back at Isham every Sat during the summer if its such a good

craick at Burton?
And if you like Caviar, why do you eat sausages ?

Quote :
The club is financially sound
So what ??? Does that make it fun

Quote :
the ground is one of the best in the county in any division
As is Desborough, but would you like to play there ?

Quote :
you joined Burton as a protest because you didn't get the captaincy
False. If i'd lost in an honestly conducted race I'd have accepted it.

Quote :
You may hold out another season at Burton
true

Quote :
due to your self pride
false
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 1:34 am

Golly
Who rattled Columbo's cage?
Did somebody hit a nerve
Does the truth hurt
Back to top Go down
Long Hop
Admin
Long Hop

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Columbo wrote:
Quote :
You filled in when the first team were short - fact

true, but the fact that I played every game but one in your last season as captain should tell you something.

It tells me that you were a good clubman who didn't mind playing 1st team to make up numbers, allowing the youth to get a game in the 2's. You scored 11 runs in 9 innings.

Quote :
You would probably just about get into our 2's this season at a push but on a good week availability wise you would be playing for the Zingers

Absolute bollocks, and you know it. Even if Isham ever had a good week availibilty wise, and you don't, I'd walk in. Stats don't lie

What stats are these? Our 2's is a far stronger team than when you were last here. I genuinely think you would be competing for a place if you were at Isham.

Quote :
spirit between players is at an all time high, certainly in the 6 years since I joined the club

That is a relative statement.

Releative to what? Do you want me to ask Reidy what club spirit was like in 1988 or Hardy for the 1970's.....

Its a statement that club spirit is very good at the moment which is all I'm concerned about.

Quote :
We have a far better social scene than Burton

Just complete and utter bollocks. You Hardy and Jim having a beer together is not a social scene.

Summer Ball
Christmas Lunch
Friday evenings over Christmas
Sat after matches - normally a good group who have food every week.
Pre season trip away.

Better than Burton can manage over a season.....

Quote :
Why do you end up back at Isham every Sat during the summer if its such a good craick at Burton?

And if you like Caviar, why do you eat sausages ?

If you could eat at the Ivy every Sat evening you wouldn't end up at McDonalds every week instead - utter nonsense.....

Quote :
The club is financially sound

So what ??? Does that make it fun

It means our facilities are rapidly improving to the point where most clubs will be envious.... and yes, it is more fun playing at a club with better facilities......

Quote :
the ground is one of the best in the county in any division

As is Desborough, but would you like to play there ?

Yea, I actually enjoy playing at Desborough on a Wed night. Far more than playing on Burton's wicket, sorry, BARTON's wicket and outfield!!! I guess the fact that my 2 home grounds are Isham and Desborough make me a lucky man eh...?

Quote :
you joined Burton as a protest because you didn't get the captaincy

False. If i'd lost in an honestly conducted race I'd have accepted it.

So you left as a protest to what you thought was not an honestly conducted race. I was correct then.....

Quote :
You may hold out another season at Burton
true

Quote :
due to your self pride
false

Ok, only you know why your staying at Burton. It just seems strange that most of your friends are at Isham, you spend a lot of time there, yet you won't play. I find it hard to believe its because you love Burton so much.....
Back to top Go down
Columbo

Columbo

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:25 am

2006. The year I played a meaningful number of games for your seconds in recent history. Only George averaged more than me or scored more runs than me, and he is now a First Tam player. If you are trying to tell me that you brought in 6 better batters to the Second Team last year, then I am afraid you are being delusional. Sure, your results improved, but the Division was a hell of a lot weaker than it was the season before. Your team might have improved too; i didn't see them play to find out, all I can say is that I regularly saw names in the paper who would not make our 4th team in a very poor week . I guess we will have to wait until next season to find out.

All this is academic anyway. I wont get into any Isham team because I am not an Isham player. I left Isham because I no longer wanted to play for them, and I am enjoying cricket 100% more because of it. If you are now trying to say that you think you are such a strong club that I wouldn't get a game, thats great because it means both parties got what they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Isham  Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isham Kit   Isham  Kit Empty

Back to top Go down

Isham Kit
Page 1 of 1